Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Summer and free time

In true Terri fashion I have starting reading, but not from my summer reading list, which is barely a memory. I'm great at writing lists, but not so great at following them. That's why I've written so many. Anyway I don't really have a theme for this post, but there are a few things on my mind, so a lists and paragraph for each.

Boys.
It's been awhile since I actually dated someone... since I even liked some beyond seeing them across the class room and thinking they were cute... which are how all of my crushes go and no further. Now that I have some free time I realized I could have a summer fling, I suppose. Although I don't know if I could emotionally handle that and I'm horribly picky. Plus the guys that I usually like hardly ever like me back... mostly because I can't think of three words to say to them. In the past I've used online dating to get over my boy-shyness, but honestly, not worthing it. I mostly met very strange guys... :S ick. Anyway I don't really know that many guys either... my soul circle consists of a few close friends and then I a lot of acquaintances with friendship potential. The closest thing I have to a crush right now is the hot guy in serious coffee who I totally intend to stalk for the rest of the summer, plus I swear he smiled at me. Yeah, this is going no where.

Cleaning and shit.
So today I cleaned out my room and reorganized it. It took most of the afternoon, but was totally worth it because now I have waaaaaaay more space. I'm very pleased and I did most of it by my self! Yay. It also made me think about moving, once again, something that has been on my mind for awhile. I'm old enough that some people expect me to live on my own, my younger sister keeps asking me to move out with her, but I don't feel it would be a realistic decision at this point because she doesn't have a job and I barely make enough to support my spending habits without extra living expenses. Not that I'm very bad with money, but I save a lot of it for school. I've thought a lot about the moving thing and decided that I'd rather stay at home until I finish my undergrad degree then move out while I'm doing my masters, mostly because I'll have to change cities anyway. It all makes sense to me, I guess I'm one of those young adults who isn't ready to grow up yet, I mean I really like to be independent, but I love my family and they are the people I spend the most time with, is there anything wrong with that?

Wooooooork! ugh.
So I'm sorta looking for a new job... sort of. I have a job interview tomorrow, but doubt I'll get it, even though the job sounds way cooler than my current one and pays like $3 more, even after my recent raise. It's a job to stand on the street corners of DT and ask people to donate to a charity, most of the young people doing it are university age and very enthusiastic, plus I know a girl who works for them and she says it's awesome. So yeah, sounds like my cup of tea :). I get super nervous about job interviews so hopefully this one goes okay, the guy did say it was a group interview, which is better, but still, wish me luck! I really really cannot bare the idea of being at my current job for the entire summer, the idea is making me depressed.

Writing.
This is kind of a failure right now. I was supposed to be writing for a newspaper, sort of, but I haven't heard back from the editor at all! I don't want to keep harassing her, but I really want to keep harassing her. I'm not sure what to do about it. I actually finished a draft of a short story for once, and sent it to my two most trusted editors to read, right now I'm letting it veg and I'll edit it with the feed back which is just an excuse not to edit it myself. I honestly don't know whether I like it or not. I like the character, but I'm not so crazy about the writing. It sounds very juvenile... dunno what else to say about it. I also have this weird thing going on with my right arm which is causing it to ache and be sore if I use it alot, very bad for heavy computer use, typing and writing by hand. I know I need to get it checked out, but I don't like doctors very much, so yeah, been procrastinating that. I am also going to try spoken word poetry! I went to a poetry slam with some friends recently and it was really awesome I love the medium and I think it's time I did something a little more outgoing. Plus everyone there is super supportive, they were cheering on crappy poetry, just because they liked it or related to it. I love that atmosphere! I haven't figured out what to perform yet, or really written anything, but my sister is being super pushy about it and now I've told all of you, so I have encouragement! :D

Movies, partying, beaches and shopping.
I know I should get some writing done this summer, and spend time not spending money, but it's so hard! I already have waaay to many plans happening, it's awful. The first week of freedom involved almost all of the above, if you've been reading my previous blog posts you know this already. I just haven't had a beach day yet, but that's only because it's to early in the 'summer'. I am the sorta gal who likes to have fun. If I don't enjoy something I get unhappy and withdraw, at the same time, I try to put a positive spin on everything and not focus on the shitty stuff. The consequence of this is? I can have a good time almost any where, with just about anyone. This is awesome, but can also suck, because sometimes I genuinely don't like something, but will do it because a friend that I really want to spend time with likes it and yeah it's kinda shitty. The other day at my BFF house I had to watch Degrassi with her. Enough said. But yeah, I already have more plans for coffee tomorrow, movie night sat and sun and probs some coolness in between those days.... just haven't planned anything... yet.

Okies! So that is all I've gotta update for now. Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been lazy and my arm is sore so I've been trying not to type as much, I'm hopefully going to the doctors tomorrow! I'll have a new list post of something soon, dunno what, but it will come. I still wanna do a haul post, but I gotta get my camera back from my friends place first, sooo that might not be for a bit, until then if you have any ideas, of posts I could do, let me know and I'll fix something up! <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you've been up to a lot... I'll try not to write a novel instead of a comment... LOL

Good luck with all the writing! I hope your arm feels better, I hope the editor likes your story, and I hope spoken word poetry works out for you. :)

Have a great day!