Friday, January 20, 2012

I feel heroic


This conversation made my day. I was in a little-used bathroom at school putting on some make-up when this woman came in and we had the following conversation. 
Random woman: I feel so heroic
Me: Oh 
(Goes into bathroom stall)
Random woman: The weathers crazy, it's Friday, we made it
(Couple minutes later after she comes out of the bathroom stall
Random woman: Do you feel heroic? 
Me: I don't know, I didn't think about it. 
Random woman: But now your considering heroic status? 
Me: Yes, I just might. 
Random woman: Have a good day! 
Me: You too
Random Woman: Thank you! 
I really don’t know what to make of it. I never considered surviving the crazy weather and long-feeling week to be something to be proud of because I viewed it as a small accomplishment, almost insignificant. It was interesting to consider someone else views the same week (of course, not exactly the same week) as something to be proud of, but really human survival isn’t all that insignificant when you think about all the things that could’ve gone wrong, it is impressive that we’ve made it so far, so maybe, every day should be a little bit heroic it. Maybe. Anyway this conversation was so random and the lady was so friendly and cheerful it made my day and I wanted to share it…. So yeah, there you go. 

No comments: