Wednesday, February 09, 2011

UPDATE: Makings some changes!

I can already imagine that some of you are going to read this and cringe. Some of you will want to point out the irony that the first thing on this list is exactly what I'm doing. I'm aware. This is the best way in which I can reach the most people and have the most support with my goals. I know that this is pretty cheesy (I'm cringing as I write this) but sharing goals is a great step towards achieving them. So that is what I'm doing.

I would like to also mention that I just had a really bad day, I'm possibly delirious due to being sick with some sort of virus so I may or may not regret doing this in a few hours.

Some aspects of my life I need to deal with/change/do:

1. Use the computer LESS.
This includes my iphone and definitely is refering to facebook the most. It interfers with other, more important, things (such as school and writing) which I would like to focus my energy on. It also interfers with my sleep schedule, and IS a contributating factor in my insomnia.

2. Complete readings and assignments in a timely fashion (i.e. IN TIME).
I am a procrastinator. I don't do things until I must and when I do do them I tend to do as little as I can get away with or have time for. I then complain about why I don't get better grades and feel extreme disappiontment that I will not be able to continue with my schooling (i.e. grad school).
a) I need to get over the gut rentching fear of leaving school. I like seeing my friends everyday, I like conversation and goofing off, but it cannot go on forever as much as I would like it too and the sooner I deal with acting like a child, the sooner I can accept being a grown up (not to say that acting like a child is a bad thing, but sometimes you just have to be an adult).

3. Write everyday!
This is pretty self-explanatory. I want to be a writer. Yet, here I am, barely writing at all. I always open my computer intending to work on something, but then... I never really finish it– or like it for that matter. I know that I need practice and that I could be very talented. Maybe people out there disagree, but when I put my mind to it, I am a good writer. It is truly what I enjoy doing, that and conversation. If I can get myself (once again) into the habit of writing I think it will reduce a lot of stress in my life and I'll feel better.

4. Get enough sleep.
8 or 9 hours would be ideal, but I'll have to ease myself into it. Right now, I especially need a lot of sleep as I am sick. If you see me up late on facebook or msn (which I shouldn't even be using) please remind me that I need to go to bed. I am very tired of being sick all the time (if you spend any time with me AT ALL you know that this is true) and of being tired and stressed out. It is unhealthy.

Lastly I'd like to say that your support in these goals would be amazing. They are all aspects of my life which I KNOW I need to change. It might be difficult and gradual, but I think that I will be happier if I can feel like I accomplished something at the end of the day. I know that this note is at the high end of the cheese scale, which I apologize for, but I feel that it is a necessary step to getting where I want to be (i.e. not HERE!).
Please text me your support (etc) because I will be checking facebook less.

No comments: