Saturday, February 18, 2012

Random Abnormalities

I really like random, unlikely or abnormal events. Just things that are socially strange, small things, because they tend to show how flimsy our social reality actually is. I feel like large social abnormalities don't show this off in quite the same way because we tend to place them in a separate space, like they aren't part of our world any more. But, something small, like forgetting to tip a waiter or tripping, those things, or find a door locked when it should be open; those things are still part of our reality. They almost seem more abnormal to us because of this.

So today I had an abnormal event happen, it was seriously just the smallest thing, but it just made you stop and think for a minute. It was one of those things that made me question what was going on cause the entire thing was so confusing for me. Now, your going to think I'm completely crazy for being obsessed with such a insignificant, but this is the sort of thing that fascinates me to no end.

Today my sister and I were studying in a coffee shop. There was this one barista who was really cute and friendly. Now, I sorta saw him looking over at our table a lot, but that was probably just because we were the youngest people in there and we stayed for so long. We both, on separate occasions got croissant's and I had tea which I refilled a couple of times. After we'd been there for quite awhile and had the afore mentioned food the cute coffee guy showed up at my table with a croissant which I had not ordered. He apologised forgetting to bring it and I was confused because so I said, no I already had one or something like that then he was like, no I forgot and gave this charming smile. I am crazy for being confused? Anyway, after this I sent my friend a text about something unrelated, I thought about returning the croissant, but I couldn't figure out why he'd brought it to me in the first place. I got engrossed with the paper I was working on and honestly forgot about it. Then suddenly he was at our table again and said sorry, you didn't order a croissant did you. You don't want this, I just blankly said no and went back to my paper. I find this whole thing very strange. Was he trying to hit on me with a croissant? Does that happen? Or did he just become confused, which would be perfectly fine. The entire thing was off from the normal waiter/barista-customer interaction which is what causes me to be so fascinated with it.
So that is my story, thoughts? Opinions? Questions? (i apologize for any spelling errors or wrongs words, I'm writing this on my iPhone and it tends to correct things without me noticing...)
;

No comments: